PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 10, 2013

De-Christmafying



So I finally took down my Christmas tree a couple of days ago and can we talk about how that is the saddest thing ever?!  I don't know about you but Christmas trees make me so happy.  I can't imagine a Christmas without one.  Years ago I even spent way to much money by poor college student standards for a little 4ft one when I was in the dorms.* They're just magical sparkly wonderlands, like a little bit of Disneyland in your home.  And who wants to pack up Disneyland? Nobody, that's who.

Now as much as I love Christmas trees I'm typically a stickler on the whole "christmas decor from the day after Thanksgiving to New Years Day" thing but you know what?  this year I just needed it.  I needed the sparkles and colors cheering me up every time I looked at it, and Brian being the guy he is let me keep it up awhile longer (cause if it were up to him the tree would be up the week of christmas tops...what can I say?  he's weird) But he finally said enough is enough so I took her down (although I'm not sure why he was so adamant about it since the tree box is still in our living room...)




I also made this years Christmas ornament (I'm not really late, I made a really cute "bun in the oven" one that will now be sent to a friend who still has a bun in her oven) and it turned out exactly how I wanted even if B couldn't tell what most of the embroidered symbols were *shakes head*


Oh! and I may have put up Valentines Day decorations the same day. What can I say...






*which we actually still own and would probably still use if my mom hadn't given me our tree because she decided she wanted her second tree to have colored lights... yes I said second.  See! Christmas trees=awesome


3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm a dummy and threw away my tree box. I'm in desperate need of de-Christmasing my house as well & have nowhere to put my stuff. UGH! I hate looking at this tree lol

Debra said...

Well as soon as you have the space, you have 2 trees too. If they weren't such a pain to squeeze back in the box I'd probably have more;)

Debra said...

Well as soon as you have the space, you have 2 trees too. If they weren't such a pain to squeeze back in the box I'd probably have more;)